RAHA Covid Positive Policy
The following policy has been developed to provide guidance to RAHA families with regards to positive COVID tests by players & coaches.
This policy has two parts:
1. Communication requirements.
2. Action steps for COVID positive individuals and their primary “Contacts”.
1) If your player (coach) tests positive for COVID:
● You must notify your RAHA ALD and provide them with the date of your positive test and your expected return to play date after the required quarantine as per above action step.
2) If your player (coach) is a “Contact”:
● You must notify your RAHA ALD and provide them with the date of contact and your expected return to play date after the required quarantine as per above action steps.
3) If your player has been around a “Contact”:
● No communication with RAHA is required.
1) If we are notified that a player (coach) has tested positive for COVID:
● RAHA will notify all “Contact” players/coaches immediately.
● Practice/games for that group of “contact” players/coaches will be suspended during the required quarantine period.
2) If we are notified that one of our players (coach) is a “Contact”:
● We will advise & monitor the situation with the individual, and will notify affected teams/players/families.
● Contract tracing communication and quarantine guidelines are currently limited to those with direct contact with COVID positive individuals at both the CDC and state level, and we are following those guidelines.
● No changes to practice/game schedules will be made as no quarantine is required.
● Parents always reserve the right to have their player attend/not attend practice.
1. If your player (coach) tests positive for COVID:
● Stay at home, wash your hands frequently, and wear a face mask.
● You can resume practice/games once these two things have happened: ○ At least 14 days have passed since your symptoms first appeared. ○ You must have had no fever for 72 hours without the use of fever reducing medications, and your respiratory symptoms (cough, shortness of breath) must be getting better.
● If you had no symptoms but tested positive, you should stay home until 14 days after your positive test. No RAHA practice or game play will be permitted during this time.
● If any of your symptoms get worse, call your physician.
2. If your player (coach) has been directly (first hand) exposed within the past 48 hours to someone who has 1) tested positive for COVID or 2) symptoms began prior to testing positive: You are considered a “Contact”, and have two courses of action:
○ Get tested.
■ Negative test - quarantine for 14 days from contact (no practice/game participation)
■ Positive test - see above for positive test requirements.
○ Don’t get tested
■ 14 day quarantine from date of contact (no practice/games allowed)
3. If your player (coach) has been in close proximity to a “Contact”:
● If your player (coach) has been around someone who was identified as a “Contact” to a person with COVID-19, you should closely monitor that player (coach) for any symptoms of COVID-19. Quarantine is not required.